They didn't wreck my life. They gave me a Reason to fight against Injustice, Greed, and Tyranny.

Honor

10 December 2008

Back in NoVA ...

Wow, that semester certainly flew by. Good luck to all students who are taking finals, completing final projects, and writing term papers. Try every flavour that your preferred energy drink offers. Push the coffeemaker to the max. Now is the time to ask, "How ridiculously strong can I make this coffee?" Don't forget your fiber :) Safe travels for all as you return home.

Tomorrow, I will be heading down to Panama (YEAH, BABY!) for 10 blissfully hot and humid days. This is where I will be staying, at my grandmother's house in Vista Alegre:

I listened to "Spirits in the Material World" by The Police while heading home from campus last night. It was the first time I had heard the song. The repetitive chorus was stuck in my mind for the remainder of the evening.


I searched for the song's lyrics, and, strange as this may sound, they reminded me of the current economic crisis:

There is no political solution
To our troubled evolution
Have no faith in constitution
There is no bloody revolution

Our so-called leaders speak
With words they try to jail you
They subjugate the meek
But it's the rhetoric of failure

Where does the answer lie?
Living from day to day
If it's something we can't buy
There must be another way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk it up, shout it out.

After you've voted

After you've voted
They say the taste of Revenge is sweet ^_^